Has anyone tried hemp cone speakers with their rectos?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricTurkey4369

Reaction score
Im curious to what the sound would be like as the Hemp Cones roll off the highs and have a smooth dark midrange.

I found some V30's with hemp cones on eBay and im thinking about getting them...

I didn't know they made speakers from hemp!! ...can you smoke 'em??
Seriously....if you do get them, let us know how you like them.

Some guys recone blown celestions with hemp cones and resell them online. I asked someone about it awhile back and he told me that they were clearer with less 'cone breakup'.

Alright heres an update for you all.

I originally wasnt going to get hemp cone speakers but I got 2 for free! :lol: funny story actually.

I ordered a 212 OS cabinet from port city, which was UNLOADED. But today the amp arrived with two eminence cannabis rex speakers, And i only payed for the unloaded cabinet.

And last week I ordered some WGS speakers to put in the cabinet, so now i have 4 new speakers to play with :D

Heres an update:

I tried the Eminence Cannabis Rex speakers with my roadster and firstly, the cleans sounded really good!
Very warm, round and detailed.

As for the distortion: not so well.
I think hemp exceeds for medium gain applications. These are an excellent speaker if you play jazz fusion music with creamy leads. They just were a bit too "round" sounding with my roadster, and the roadster is already pretty dark, and hemp really made it darker. Leads sounded good, but not crunchy rhythm stuff.

Latest posts

Back