Rectifier with a Blackstar 1x12 (UPDATED)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluff191

Reaction score
I just bought a Blackstar 1x12 with the intention of changing out the speaker, but before I did I wanted to see how it recorded.

Mic'd with an SM57. No EQ, just a touch of Comp to level things out and a dash of a HP Filter to let the cymbals breathe. Kind of. 2 rhythm tracks (panned hard left and right).

Amp is my FJA Rectifier, with the EQ all at noon and gain at 1:00.

Celestion Seventy 80:
http://goo.gl/DIgNF

WGS HM75:
http://goo.gl/XHhXO

The 80 doesn't sound too bad for a speaker that gets such horrible reviews. I personally dig the WGS ALOT.

RAD!

I love pairing up my recto with different cabs for different flavours of tone. This particular one you dialed in reminds me of John Petrucci's tone in Octavarium.

Thanks guys! I have replaced the speaker since with a WGS HM75. Clips coming soon!

mikey383 said:
Sounds **** good!

Is that a cover or an original? Sounds pretty badass.

Nah it's a tune I wrote. Thanks man!

Yo, Fluff---good job meng!

Sounds good even coming through my shitty netbook speakers--- so you must be onto something here. :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work brother.

~Nep~

How do you usually mic up your cabs? you great great tone in your recordings! :) great tune too. :)

I was thinking about buying that one but didn't. It's 16ohm and my amp only has 8 and 4... Ended up with a Framus fr112. Which is nice also...

Roadifier said:
How do you usually mic up your cabs? you great great tone in your recordings! :) great tune too. :)

Thank you!

I typically will put the mic about 10 or so degrees off center. I will sometimes use EQ, but this recording only had some very light compression for FX to even things out.

YellowJacket said:
fluff191 said:
Thanks guys! I have replaced the speaker since with a WGS HM75. Clips coming soon!

Why mess with such a great thing? Build another cab for the HM75 :evil:

I am in the process of buying my first house so I don't have a place to build anything just yet.

And I wanted a smaller recording-ready setup of the speakers that are in my Marshall 4x12. 8)

I just added a clip using the same cab with a WGS HM75 (Celestion G12T-75 clone). Sounds good!

sounds pretty sick with the hard left and hard right, nice work. makes me wana get my clips up.

Back