3 CH DR Loop Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivethead

Reaction score
I realize this mod has been beaten to death regarding the 2 channel rectos but mine is a 3 channel dual. Is the mod exactly the same? Can I expect the same results? If it isn't the same where can I find the best way to do this?

Hi there, I've been lurking on this board for ages and can't find a solution to the same problem. I have a 3 Channel Dual Recto that I bought a few weeks ago (used, it's about 3 years old I think) and my effects sound awful through the loop. My main concern is, if I modify the loop to series, will I loose the fuctionality of the solo and output dials?? I love this amp and it has been my dream to own a DR for the last few years.
I have a Boss GT 10 that I want to use in 4CM config purely for the effects and to use the expression pedal as both a volume control and a wah.

@rivethead, sorry for hijacking your thread :oops:

general lee said:
Hi there, I've been lurking on this board for ages and can't find a solution to the same problem. I have a 3 Channel Dual Recto that I bought a few weeks ago (used, it's about 3 years old I think) and my effects sound awful through the loop. My main concern is, if I modify the loop to series, will I loose the fuctionality of the solo and output dials?? I love this amp and it has been my dream to own a DR for the last few years.
I have a Boss GT 10 that I want to use in 4CM config purely for the effects and to use the expression pedal as both a volume control and a wah.

@rivethead, sorry for hijacking your thread :oops:

No biggy General Lee, hopefully we can get some answers up in here. :D

HALP HALP HALP!!

general lee said:
if I modify the loop to series, will I loose the functionality of the solo and output dials??

Yes. Unless you modify the footswitch. Which is also on the above thread I believe.[/quote]

No. The only function you lose is the f/x fucntion. Solo and and output dials stay intact. I suggest you read as much as the you can this subject, if you plan on doing it yourself. If not, take it to a qualified tech. My tech modded it to a series loop AND kept the send and return pots funtional.

fluff191 said:
Yes. Unless you modify the footswitch. Which is also on the above thread I believe.

Not exactly. I posted the directions for the footswitch mod, which I found out later are incomplete. There is more than one page for the directions, and I only have the one.

mikey383 said:
fluff191 said:
Yes. Unless you modify the footswitch. Which is also on the above thread I believe.

Not exactly. I posted the directions for the footswitch mod, which I found out later are incomplete. There is more than one page for the directions, and I only have the one.

So from what I've read, I've come to the conclusion that I just do the loop mod, ignore the footswitch mod and I'll still have solo/master functionality. Is this the definitive correct answer??

general lee said:
mikey383 said:
fluff191 said:

So from what I've read, I've come to the conclusion that I just do the loop mod, ignore the footswitch mod and I'll still have solo/master functionality. Is this the definitive correct answer??

That is correct. The mod doesn't affect the Solo or Master volume, since it's in a different part of the loop.

mikey383 said:
That is correct. The mod doesn't affect the Solo or Master volume, since it's in a different part of the loop.

Sweet!! Now one last request and please don't flame me :oops: , can you post the schematic to do it here please? Or is it the same one in the thread that was posted here? Just want to be 100% certain before I start tampering with the DR. Thanks for all the help, they really are monstrous amps.

general lee said:
mikey383 said:

Sweet!! Now one last request and please don't flame me :oops: , can you post the schematic to do it here please? Or is it the same one in the thread that was posted here? Just want to be 100% certain before I start tampering with the DR. Thanks for all the help, they really are monstrous amps.

It's the same schematic that is in the linked thread. In case you can't read the writing, I typed it out a few posts down from the schematic.

if you do the official suggested loop mod, you´ll loose the solo-funktion, without modding your switcher.
but you don´t need to do it this way.
and you don´t need to do it like the pictures in the second post of the "mod" thread.
don´t remove the resistors, you´ll get a louder popping while you switch the channels.

the only thing you have to do is unsoldering one cable!
i did the mod, like the user "94Tremoverb" wrote. only unsolder one cable from the mix-pot and you have an serial loop.
and yes, it works well - checked out a GT10 last week and everything worked perfect - but didn´t like the reverbs on the GT10.

I just did the DR loop mod to series.
I have a G major 2 and a voodoo lab ground control pro.
Before the mod I used the effects loop on off switch to turn effects on and off.
Now my loop is always on how do I turn the effects off?
Thanks

Back