2x12 cab for my Roadster combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoskineN

Reaction score
Hey! I want to buy a 2x12 cab for my Roadster combo. Should I go with the Roadster 2x12, the Roadking
or the standard one? I think I heard good comments about the Roadking version, because of the V30/C90 duo.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I used to use an Orange PPC 212, and before that an Avatar Contemporary 212. The Orange was a terrific cab with my Roadster, while the Avatar was awful. Nowadays I use a Port City Wave 212, which I absolutely love. It's embarrasing because it is a boutique cab, but it still rocks like no other. I would check one out if the opportunity presents itself.

All my cabs, by the way, are loaded with V30s.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23482411@N02/4713418708/

Avatar cabs are cool, but shipping them to Canada is really expensive. So i'm more willing to buy locally.
Right one there is a Roadking cab that seems cool and I'm going toward this one for now.

No, no difference in sound really. Since you will be adding to your roadster's 2x12, you will need a 8ohm cab. The roadster combo's internal wiring is 8ohm already, so both the internal speakers and external cab connected would be a 4ohm load. You would connect the 1/4 speaker plug from combo(from internal speakers) to 4ohm speaker jack and the external cabinet to the other 4ohm speaker jack. A 16ohm external cabinet may be used too if wanted, but not an 4ohm external cab.

Cool! Thanks for the infos! I was not really familiar with this "ohm" thing, but now I know better! :)

Any pros and cons on the Roadking 2x12 cab?

Finally bought the Roadking 2x12, and it sounds huge! It's great to play with a "half-stack". I always played
with combos, so I feel like a real rock star now! :lol:

Halfstack? OLOL. I call a head with a 2 x 12 a quarter stack. If I stack 2 2 x 12s, it becomes a 2/4 stack! I think the RoadKing 2 x 12 is GREAT. Glad you are liking it.

YellowJacket said:
Halfstack? OLOL. I call a head with a 2 x 12 a quarter stack. If I stack 2 2 x 12s, it becomes a 2/4 stack! I think the RoadKing 2 x 12 is GREAT. Glad you are liking it.

2/4 = 1/2 ??. Roadster combo with a 2x12 cab is pretty much a half stack. Nice road king grab!

YellowJacket said:

:D That's why I put "half-stack" in comas. Since I have a 2x12 combo + the 2x12 cab, it's a half-stack to me! :wink:

Back