Returning to Guitar and my Roadster after 1.5 years- help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlewing91

Reaction score
Dear Boogie users.
After about ~1.5 years of synth based music and producing music (what a mistake!), I've made a proud return to good old fashion, GUITAR. Not to say I wasn't playing at all, but it was definitely put on hold. I'm now in the early stages of developing a band which i'm really excited about. Returning after 2 years of not really giving a ****, I've found a lot of issues with my rig and I'm hoping you folks can help me out. I know these things have been covered before but I feel my situation is unique enough that it warrants individual attention

Rig
2008 Roadster, 4x12 Stiletto cab
Strat copy (handbuilt) and a 2002 Gibson Sg faded

My sound and style is the most unique thing to consider. I play Indie rock/Alternative music (for this band at least). I bought the Roadster for ultimate versatility (I play all sorts of music) but I want to tweak my rig to this style as much as possible. This means cleans, dirty and gritty overdrives and a on some occasions, thick and heavy distortion. I play rhythm predominantly so I just want some real thick hard hitting rhythm sounds. I am a big fan of OLD kings of leon, but their tone these days is incredible. They use Matchless amps, which I'm a big fan of, if only they had Mesa's diversity and pricing…I digress.

My first question has ANYONE else used the Stiletto cab with their roadster? It was recommended to me for a tighter sound, which I think it does but I have little to compare it to.

Secondly, I have read both clean channel 2, overdriven channel 1 as well as the opposite as how to use the channels. I overall like channel 2, but i feel it needs a lot of tweaking to be gig ready. If anyone can list some presets that would be awesome Im not as much looking for an AC/DC tone as just a good overdrive.

I have not retubed and all the tubes are stock. I play loud when I play, and while i haven't much for a year or so I would still play around with it at least once a week in my non-guitar stage. If i retubed would I get a better sound in general?

I realize this is a lot. I tried to make it as short as possible but I appreciate all the help. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back