change channel on dual rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domenico

Reaction score
hi

i have found this on the net:
http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2739286050100154862JtJalG

all picture with article on:
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/557447651loIgey

but i don't know if the footswitch is compatible witch dual rectifier 3 channel..

the channel are switched by the ground?

The external switching jacks in the Dual Rectifier are short to ground for switching.

The switches that are being used in that project look like standard DPDT Latching Switches. The schematic shows a simple on-off switch with an LED indicator. That would mean that you would not be able to simply stomp from one channel to the next. You would have to turn off one channel before turning on the next or you would have more than one channel on at a time and may even damage the amps switching matrix.

You need some sort of logic circuit so that when you are in Ch1 (or Ch2) and you hit Ch3's switch it automaticly switches off Ch1 (or Ch2) as it switches on Ch3. That simple latching-switch schematic does not do that.

Dom

can you post me one picture of original mesa boogie footswitch schematic or the name of component'

because i try to make a locig circuit but for me is difficut

Domenico - I could be wrong (please check this with someone else if you can, since I don't have access to a 3-channel Rectifier to test it) but I don't think you need a logic circuit. As far as I know a standard 2-button switch will do it, one button gives you Channel 1 or Channel 2/3 and the other gives Channel 2 or Channel 3. There should be no risk of damage if both are 'on' at once - the Channel 1 switch should over-ride the other one - I'm pretty sure Mesa would not design it with a flaw like that since the jacks are intended for use with an external controller (eg MIDI-driven) and there would be no such limitation on that.

The way the amp works internally is that Channel 2 and 3 are part of the same actual audio channel, and Channel 1 is separate, so the relay switching would work fine like that. Like I said, I could be wrong though so please check before trying it. Try a PM to Monsta-Tone, he's a qualified Mesa tech.

thanks for reply.

i have try put 2 standard jack in external switch jack and shorted it with a cable,but the channel 1 and 3 are simultaneously active.

PS i have a question:
just turned on that channel works in the head?

because today i have turned on mesa dual rectifier and led green are on,but after i try change channel woth standard jack the channel "defaul" has become the orange,and i switched orange to grreen and orange to red,but when i relese shorted the ornge play,and i dont no way.

i have turned off and after turned on the head but the default channel are the orange...

i have broken the head or is normaly?

Orange (2) is the default when using the external switching, yes.

If it does seem to be possible to have channel 1 and channel 3 on at the same time (which I'm surprised by!), you will need to build a footswitch that turns off the power to the channel 2/3 switch when the channel 1 switch is activated, you still don't need a full logic circuit.

94Tremoverb said:
Orange (2) is the default when using the external switching, yes.

If it does seem to be possible to have channel 1 and channel 3 on at the same time (which I'm surprised by!), you will need to build a footswitch that turns off the power to the channel 2/3 switch when the channel 1 switch is activated, you still don't need a full logic circuit.

Trem is right, something like this would work:
3channel_switch.jpg

SW1 is a 3PDT stomp switch. It toggles between CH1 on to SW2 on.

SW2 is a DPDT stomp switch. It toggles between CH2 & CH3.

CH2 is default so you don't need to control it.

When SW1's LED is on, CH1 is active. When SW1's LED is off, whatever channel is selected with SW2 is on, and so is that LED.

Dom

Will this same circuit work with the post-2010 rectos? and what about wiring in the loop and boost switches? and a good place to pick up components? I'm sorry, I haven't done an electronics project in a few years and I'm a bit rusty :roll:

Latest posts

Back