Blackface Recto Triplet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose Your Recto

• A1

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A3

• B1

• B2

• B3

• C1

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • C2

• C3

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

metalaxe

Reaction score
****, I'm still in love with Rectifiers and have just re-tolexed one of them, so I thought it's time for a little audio-visual shootout again ;)

your task is to pick your favorite recto (sound and looks).
these are the amps in the shootout:

3BF.JPG

sexy, aye?

Amp A:
A.JPG

Amp B:
B.JPG

Amp C:
C.JPG

Clips (1 is not neccessarily the file belonging to A etc, the orders are randomized):

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

your task is to chose which look you prefer and which sound you prefer...
exampl: you like the look of X and the sound clip 5...in that case you vote X5 etc...

so really looking forward to seeing what you like best....I still don't have a favorite myself.

YellowJacket said:
Rockin the KxE!!!! How did you set up the tones? Did you use the same EQ for each amp or did you try to EQ them to sound the same?

same EQ on each of them, rather generic settings...Bass and treb at noon, mids and pres a tad lower.

Ive been waiting to listen to these all day today!

And it didnt disappoint, pretty fucking sick man!

Im going to have to say favorite for looks is:
AMP C since its Just like my Triple, Blackface and Chrome Chassis.
For sound clips im stuck between 1 and 3
Ill have to choose clip 1 however - has that insane crunchy pick attack that i with pretty crushing bass. For all nobs relatively at noon what an excellent comparison. Seems to have just a bit more In your face, and a perfect blend of lows highs and mids imo. (To suit KSE or any song)
Clip 3 is not far off so i favor it also because it reminds me of the sound of my triple. A little more airy but still a nice tight crunch with some pounding bass. (Hope it is the one with the Chrome Chassis :) )
Clip 2 is a bit more saggyier of the three and though i dig it i favor the other 2 more.

Is there anything special about these 3? I can see The Racktifier has a Small Logo along with the Blackface/Chrome, While the Snake skin lookin one has a bigger logo? So do we have Revision F's and a G maybe a C???
Or is this like that other topic Guess The output transformers? lol

Excellent comparison however, Was this straight 57 to cab? or did you do anything secret.

Ps im not sure about everyone else but im not grasping how there are 9 poll votes but only 3 amps and 3 clips?? Im not the smartest tool in the box but i dont get it...so i didnt vote just babbled my likes above..

Thanks for your work on this one!
I enjoyed
-Yetti

Yetti said:

cool, thanks for the feedback.

yeah, these are actually the same amps as in the other thread, so a reVF with schumacher, a RevG with Schumacher and a RevG with Mercury Magnetics.

there are 9 options so you can combine which amp's look you like best and wich sound you like best (3 amps, 3 clips= 9 options)

I'm leaning towards the 3rd clip with the 1st a VERY close runner up but I'm reserving judgement until I hear them both through some decent speakers (not my headphones) !

Sweet Man i hope the rev F is the first one if not the third lol

<youtube><object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHZcl2kgRho?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHZcl2kgRho?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object></youtube>

Wanted to try if this works if not see this 3 second reaction video
http://www.youtube.com/v/tHZcl2kgRho?fs

Hi guys, this is my first post, im on this boogie forum looking for information and i stumbled upon this Thread.
I have as pictured a dual rec black grill chrome chassis (but with Red not blue light) serial no. R 0078 ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps this amp sounds best ! :)

aaron_van_riffenburg said:
Hi guys, this is my first post, im on this boogie forum looking for information and i stumbled upon this Thread.
I have as pictured a dual rec black grill chrome chassis (but with Red not blue light) serial no. R 0078 ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps this amp sounds best ! :)

you're a lucky wanker mate

Why?! Because you simply own one of the pre-500 rectifiers, which means it have schumacher transformers, sounds great (the other too though) and its very rare (there's only +/- 500 in the all world, of course). You can get good money for it, but if you like having a metal/rock icon and enjoy an excelent tone, keep it! That's why.

TheSoulsRemain said:
Hi,
All Rev-C, D, F (I suppose E) have Schamucher trans. And some G have them too.
Yes, but not the ones from the Mark III.

Latest posts

Back