Tremoverb Overdrive/Boost pedal..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerwolf

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions from people with real life, live stage experience for a good boost/overdrive pedal for the orange channel on my T-Verb. Most of the time, I am playing the type of music that the Modern High Gain would just be overkill for solos and such. But the orange channel on my T-verb sounds so sweet.
If anyone has experience with a Fulltone OCD or Full Drive, I would love to hear what you guys think of it! Or I am open to any other suggestions as well.thanks!

I normally use the Orange channel on Clean and the Red channel on Blues for crunch when playing live, with a pedal for lead. I only use the Modern High-Gain at home and for recording. For solos I use either a RAT II or a Boss DF-2 Distortion-Feedbacker - gain set fairly low, level up all the way... mostly just as a distortion, the Feedbacker part is an acquired taste/skill but can be useful sometimes. If you don't want that the original DS-1 (Japanese, the new ones don't sound the same) is close, although not actually the same circuit. The RAT is more like an overdrive the way I usually set it - distortion about 10 o'clock, filter and volume about 3 o'clock.

I did own a couple of Fulldrives but that was before I had the Tremoverb so I'm not sure it's relevant, but I found them far too boxy and midrangy, even the FM version - which I prefered to the supposedly 'better' original. Too much like a Tube Screamer for me.

Ok, I totally get why you don't like the v30 / Greenback combo right now. If you are trying to get speaker distortion for blues, it would sound like total ***. I play much more modern high gain rock tones where I need the clarity of the v30 to keep my crunch from melting into a flubby mess.

Not, not for blues - but maybe similar, more a kind of low-gain alt-rock kind of sound, although I do use heavy distortion sometimes too.

... (I'll put the rest of this in the speaker thread :).)

I've been using a fulldrive II for a boost with my TOV for a while now. It works very well for lead work, or for just giving a little more sustain and drive. My FDII is an older version, and probably needs a new switch in it, but it has never failed me in 12 years.

MXR Dyna Comp.

I don't really like boosting humbuckers for solos. I've generally gotten better results from using a compressor as it lets me increase the sustain without stacking distortion on top of distortion. Good if you want a fat lead tone that retains the tonality of your rhythm sound.

I run PRSi (and some Gibbys) thru my Mesas. I normally use my LSS or Lonestar, but I have gigged my Trem the last few gigs. I'm too lazy to change my pedalboard when I switch amps, so I had my FulldriveII Mosfet and OCD on board; as well as the Lovepedal Eternity Kanji.

Right now my Kanji is my #1 pedal; but the FulldriveII Mosfet (gotta say all that, the Mosfet is a different animal than the original :)) sounded good with it. For that matter, so did the Kanji, and the OCD. But I like pedals - I also have a Java Boost and Fat Boost 3 on my board - depending on the song I'm doing, I might use any of them. The Java works nicely to tame the tubbiness I hear in my Trem; the Fatboost is pretty much worthless with the Trem; the OCD works very nicely with the clean channel. The trick I've found with the OCD is to keep the drive way down - don't try to do to much with it - in that application, it gives a very nice MkI solo type tone.

I've been playing a Digitech Bad Monkey in front of my TOV orange channel and I am very happy with it. It is great for adding that extra grit and push that I need. Plus, I got it for $20 :p !!!

Back