Is there any point in using the solo boost knob on the Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bermuda_

Reaction score
I was just wondering is there any point in using this knob on a Recto?

bermuda_ said:
I was just wondering is there any point in using this knob on a Recto?

Maybe as a solo boost? I'm not sure what you're getting at..

I don't use it personally, still.

What I mean is there any purpose to using it, since as all the knob seems to do is give you more volume, which isn't necessarily needed when using a 100 Watt amp.

For those of us who gig, having a volume boost be foot-switchable is very useful. Rooms are different...sometimes, mid part, you realize you want it louder...

It is practical when playing live with a band. Say you want one volume on the clean channel for strumming chords and you want a much louder volume for a clean lead part. It would be the same for any channel.

I wouldn't really say it is a boost per say. It is definitely a volume boost. I find that it works great as a volume boost with my Fulltone OCD and channel 3 of my Roadster -- great lead tones and plenty of sustain. The SOLO button really helps kick the volume up when necessary.

I used to try to use it to boost my solos. It works fine, but still, I don't think there is really a great lead tone in the Roadster as is. I used to, then I tried the Fulltone OCD. Now, I can get some gritty lead tones, with tons of sustain, similar to the Mark series amps. Using my Fulltone, I now don't have to crank the gain on channel 4 just to get lead tones to my liking. I now have four channels, and with a stomp, I can get some great leads.

Try the OCD!

In a band with two guitars going, the Solo feature can be invaluable to get clarity to come up in the mix during solo parts so you're not fighting the frequencies of the other guitar. Unfortunately, I personally don't like the tone with the effects loop on, so I tend to hard bypass mine, which unfortunately gets rid of the Solo function. So I'll dial in one of my other channels separately just for solos.

Back