mesa dual rec roadster stuff.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therocker

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering who uses a dual rec roadster out there? I have a 2009 model and the thing really dominates but wondering what people use for setups and stuff, maybe theres something more i can be doing.. the only crappy thing is i'm playing through a hughes and kettner cab but the speakers are slowly going on it so i need to get some new speakers or new cab..

i havent tried a mesa cab in a long time, when i did, i liked the hughes better, but im assuming it may have been just the setup..

reading on the 2*12 cab but might want a 4*12. anyone have a favourite?

playing roadster through 4*12 hughes cab. using boss pedals, with an ibanez tube screamer as well.

anyone have any feedback on what they use? looking into celestion v30s but has anyone heard good things from eminence speakers?

Thanks,

I use mine with my Stiletto 4X12 straight cab. Works great for me. Change the V1 preamp valve to a Mesa SPAX7 preamp valve, and inserted a quad of Winged C 6L6 poweramp valves. Effect wise, I don't use them as permanent effect on everything so to speak. Only use a Dunlop KFK EQ pedal in the loop rather often for heavier tones...

I have two Mesa Rectifier 4X12s, 1 traditional and 1 standard (the oversized cab). At first, I used the Roadster with the Recto Standard. The sound was huge, but the bass did not have the Chuga-Chuga I wanted (a little too loose). I switched to the Recto traditional cab, which is essentially the same cab as the Stiletto 4X12. The bass is tight while the sound is still huge. To sum up, I like my Roadster with the Recto traditional cab. I also use a Maxon 10 band EQ in the loop on Channel 4. I dip the mids by about 2 to 4 db, and I am in Chuga-Chuga heaven. I will probably use my M-13 with the four cable method for delays and chorus.

I use the Roadster head with either the Mesa 2x12 3/4 open back or the 1x12 3/4 open back. Everything stock, all Mesa tubes, guitar straight into the amp.

Agreed on the Mesa 4x12 cabs, they sound fantastic.

I use mine with 4x12 fender tonemaster V30 celestions, sounds great. I also played on my friend's mesa 2x12 standard and was really impressed by that, no lack of bass at all.

my DR roadster is a combo it comes a 2x12 with v30s, closed back! i love the push of this cab, makes the floor shake sometimes!! :lol: beside the V30s sound amazing! i would go with a 2x12 with v30 if i were you, either vertical or horizontal. although a vertical 2x12 cab sound interesting to try.

therocker said:
Hey, just wondering who uses a dual rec roadster out there? I have a 2009 model and the thing really dominates but wondering what people use for setups and stuff, maybe theres something more i can be doing.. the only crappy thing is i'm playing through a hughes and kettner cab but the speakers are slowly going on it so i need to get some new speakers or new cab..

i havent tried a mesa cab in a long time, when i did, i liked the hughes better, but im assuming it may have been just the setup..

reading on the 2*12 cab but might want a 4*12. anyone have a favourite?

playing roadster through 4*12 hughes cab. using boss pedals, with an ibanez tube screamer as well.

anyone have any feedback on what they use? looking into celestion v30s but has anyone heard good things from eminence speakers?

Thanks,

Buy a Mills Acoustics 2x12.

A buddy of mine replaced the speakers in his Crate 4x12 with 100 watt Celestion speakers, and wired it to 4 ohms. My 2008 Roadster sounded heavenly through it. I tend to prefer higher wattage cabinets that have a tendency not to break up or distort any at higher volumes, such as Vader cabinets. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. :)

Latest posts

Back