2 Chan. Dual Rec, and Rectoverb Effects Loop Feedback

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsullivan

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently own a 2 Chan. Dual Rec, and a Rectoverb head.
On my pedal board I run a TC Electronics Nova Delay and Verb through the effects loop. Previous to this I had a Boss DD20.

No matter what delay or verb pedal I put in the loop, I get a throbbing feedback loop on most settings. I've tried adjusting the mix levels on the heads, as well as putting the mix to 90% and using the mix levels on the pedals.

I prefer using the mix levels on the pedals because if I am anywhere between 0% and 90% with the heads, I get phase issues.

When calling a Mesa rep, his advice was to "go buy another pedal, because we don't work well with TC Electronics". I asked what the deal was with the Boss Pedal then, and he responded, "Your delay pedal choice is your preference, not mine". Basically he was a dick to me.

Anyone else have this problem? I've borrowed other pedals off of friends, and get the same issue with certain settings as well.

digital effects dont work well in parallel loops. i have an analog delay and it works 100% fine. You will either need to get your loop modded to a series loop or look at an analog delay

Converting the loop to series is easy on both these amps, and should cure the problem. Regardless of what the guy at Mesa said, the trouble is caused by their loop design and not inherently to do with the pedal - some pedals just bring it out worse than others. They seem to have finally realised this since the newest Rectifiers have gone to a series loop.

Cant comment on the TC stuff but I use a DD20 in my loop of my 3 channel and it works great . I have the loop mix and send both pretty much at 12:00 and its more than enough delay mixed in with straight signal and I like to play pretty wet with delay . I've also used an old AD9 analog delay in the loop with great results

I appreciate all of the replies. I'm going to put the DD 20 in alone one last time to see what I can do with it before modding anything. Just wondering what your output setting is (-20 or +4), and what modes are you using?

Thanks again guys, it's a big help to get other peoples opinions.

I've got it on the standard - 20 output .I use most of the modes here and there and never have a problem

I've been having the same problem with my Rectoverb, did you manage to fix it?

The feedback buzz and hum is stopping me from setting up the 4 cable method with my M13.

wsullivan said:
Hello,

I currently own a 2 Chan. Dual Rec, and a Rectoverb head.
On my pedal board I run a TC Electronics Nova Delay and Verb through the effects loop. Previous to this I had a Boss DD20.

No matter what delay or verb pedal I put in the loop, I get a throbbing feedback loop on most settings. I've tried adjusting the mix levels on the heads, as well as putting the mix to 90% and using the mix levels on the pedals.

I prefer using the mix levels on the pedals because if I am anywhere between 0% and 90% with the heads, I get phase issues.

When calling a Mesa rep, his advice was to "go buy another pedal, because we don't work well with TC Electronics". I asked what the deal was with the Boss Pedal then, and he responded, "Your delay pedal choice is your preference, not mine". Basically he was a dick to me.

Anyone else have this problem? I've borrowed other pedals off of friends, and get the same issue with certain settings as well.

I have a 2ch DR, its loop works pretty well with digital and analog devices.

I wonder if all your pre-amp tubes are in top shape? You can swap tubes around (but label them or something because if you're like me you'll forget which tube was where. Or if you have some innocuous analog pedal test with that.

You can just get a patch lead and put it into the send/return.

And you are running at unity gain right? ie volume with and wiithout anything in the loop is the same volume.

Make sure you are not getting any digitial distortion, the delay isn't getting too strong a signal?

The only pedal the DR fusses over is my Fulldrive2 - a lot of squeeling etc and this is in front not the loop.

Jimbo4085 said:
I've been having the same problem with my Rectoverb, did you manage to fix it?

The feedback buzz and hum is stopping me from setting up the 4 cable method with my M13.

Just did the parallel to serial mod, 4cm method works well with all my digital FX, no loop feedback at all. WINNER!!!

Triple Cheeseburger said:
digital effects dont work well in parallel loops. i have an analog delay and it works 100% fine. You will either need to get your loop modded to a series loop or look at an analog delay
I thought the early 2ch rectos already have the serial fx-loop...

Latest posts

Back