MXR 10 band??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squidz66

Reaction score
How's everyone doing???
..... Thats nice!
After trawling through pages of forum, I'd noticed countless people saying "I'd rather ski barefoot down a dry creek bed, than play without a 10 band equalizer!!'"
....fearing BLISTERS I went and got one!

Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or settings???

i use mine in the effects loop, does wonders for my mark iv! :mrgreen:

this is a JohnDNJ recommended setting, its a very good starting point (for Mark IV) ive made minor adjustments, but this should breath some fire into your amp, hope this helps!

volume +2
+12
+8
+6
+3
+6
+8
+12
gain +3

Thanks for the reply dude.
Cant wait to try it out when it gets here.
My RGt320 with 'Blackouts' through the roadking with the MXR will be so METAL that It'll melt ACTUAL METAL!!

Do you find that as well as shaping your tone a bit does it work like a clean boost as a maxon 808 would for example? I'm looking for clips of an MXR 10 band with distortion but cant find squat!

Cheers

TREC said:
Do you find that as well as shaping your tone a bit does it work like a clean boost as a maxon 808 would for example? I'm looking for clips of an MXR 10 band with distortion but cant find squat!

Cheers

Yeah - for a while i used mine upfront (without an OD) with the level maxed. Can get some very useful tones by eq'ing the 12dB boost to taste. Prob not a substitute for an OD808 or similar but i would definitely recommend some experimentation withthis kind of set up...

btw at the moment im running the OD808 up front with the eq in the loop. Found i only needed very subtle adjustment on eq with this setup with 6L6s but since i put in EL34s i've found that it is crucial to my achieving the tone i'm after.

Latest posts

Back