Rev. F vs. Rev. G

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam79

Reaction score
I have the chance of buying a Rev. F (serial # in the 1500 area), but it's online, so I can't try it out first. I want a DR to the high gain. To people who have had the chance to A/B a Rev. F and a Rev. G, is it worth the risk?

Thanks,
-Adam

You own a Revision G currently?

Honestly, I've played a few different revisions, and I don't think it's worth it. Yes, they each are a little different, but at the end of the day, you're still playing a Recto. Set the knobs differently, and you'll be VERY close.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
You own a Revision G currently?

No. I was planning on buying a DR in the 11,000 range for a serial number. Now I have the opportunity to grab a Rev. F. The difference is that the Rev F. is an internet purchase, so I won't be able to try it out first.. I think I'm getting too caught up in the whole Revision vortex.

I agree. A lot of guys seem to get caught up in it too much IMO.

Go try the G since it's local. If you like it, buy it, and don't worry about the letter on the circuit board :wink:

Well, to confuse things a little bit more, the rev. f boards may also use the mark III transformer set. The output transformer will alter the tone compared to the later models. Between my revision G triple and my revision F dual, I use the dual more. Both amps have their days though where I prefer one over the other.

Try the G. Always have to be a little bit careful with internet buys. Ive had a few F's and a few G's over the years. There are differences but they are small. I know the G doesnt have the coolness factor that the other rev carry, but the G's are awesome amps too. Kills any of the newer recto models IMO.

They both sound good but the rev F is going to be a little tighter and a little less fizzy sounding than the G. It will also have a series effects loop vs. a parallel loop on the G which is a big plus in my opinion.

Kung-Fool said:
They both sound good but the rev F is going to be a little tighter and a little less fizzy sounding than the G. It will also have a series effects loop vs. a parallel loop on the G which is a big plus in my opinion.

Some Rev G's have factory serial loops, but it's a rare run of them.

Latest posts

Back