Dual Rectifier Rackmount vs. Chassis Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam79

Reaction score
I was reading reviews about the rackmount DRs, and all of the reviewers seem to agree that the rackmount DRs sounds better than the chassis heads. Has anyone heard about this, or better yet, played both and have an opinion? I'm talking about the 2-channel DRs.

Thanks,
-Adam

One thing that I think people don't give enough credit to is opinion and personal taste.

A lot of guys love the 2 Channel Rectifiers. They say they are better than all the rest.

A lot of guys love the 3 Channel Rectifiers. They say they are better than all the rest.

A lot of guys like the racktifiers. They say they are better than all the rest.

A lot of guys like the Roadsters. They say they are better than the rest.

You get my gist? ;)

You really have to try them for yourself. I owned a 2 channel and 3 channel rectifier before my Roadster. Many guys would not look past a 2 channel. I sold it for a Roadster, and am WAY WAY happier.

Best of luck!

Eric

I too just went from 2 channel DR to Roadster... but I could never sell the Rev. G.

They all have slightly different voices, but as Ibanez said, it all really boils down to which one you like the most.

Bottom line... they are all Mesa and they all sound great.

The rackmount and the heads are the same exact thing provided you're comparing the same revision. Just in a smaller chassis.

Kung-Fool said:
The rackmount and the heads are the same exact thing provided you're comparing the same revision. Just in a smaller chassis.

+1

They are the same dang thing.

It's all hype. One Rectifier sounds as good as another. The only difference between the head version and the rack version is a little less PCB. They have the exact same parts in them on a smaller PCB. That's it.

Back