Roadster lag fix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoes420

Reaction score
Somebody suggested that I should make a new thread so it can be made into a sticky.

I have had a few people confirm that this worked for them also, but I would like to hear from all you Roadster owners.

It is rather simple to eliminate the channel switching lag in the Roadster. All you have to do is leave the reverb button on the footswitch engaged at all times, regardless of if you have reverb on in the channel strip or not. There will still be the lag on the different levels of reverb mixing in, but the amp is actually designed to do that and with good reason. Nonetheless, there will be absolutely no dead spot in sound.

Couple this with cycling through the channels whilst in standby to eliminate the "pop" and you are ready to rule the road!

I'm glad this became a sticky. I was ready to sell my Roadster before echoes420 told me about the Reverb button trick.

You know- I always had the reverb "on" even though I never dialed any in on channels 3 and 4....that could explain why I never had any lag...

That's exactly what I was saying in the other thread...could explain why some experienced the lag and some don't. Just from what I've read, it's about 50/50 as to who's had the lag and who hasn't.

Good thing this is a sticky. Headaches relieved for Roadster owners now!

Good job echoes420!

Nitrobattery said:
I'm glad this became a sticky. I was ready to sell my Roadster before echoes420 told me about the Reverb button trick.

Yeah, I always run my amp with the reverb on, I'm sick like that... :lol:

I wonder if you did bypass the loop and reverb, maybe that might help? Haven't tried that out yet myself...

Thanks! I am going to try this asap. Does it really work?

Although this is a workaround, it is by no means an excuse for mesa.

P.S. Roadster is one of the greatest amps. It's tone heaven...

mikey383 said:
I wonder if you did bypass the loop and reverb, maybe that might help? Haven't tried that out yet myself...

I run my loop bypassed, but I don't think there is a way to truly bypass the reverb.

Well that explains why I didn't see the problem. Mine has always been on but only dialed up on channels 1 & 2.

The small lag never really bothered me but I will try this to see if there is a difference, thanks for the heads up. :D

Yep, always had mine on for Channels 1 and 2, though I don't use it for 3 and 4. Makes sense why I never had the problem now.

Like a few others here, I've always left reverb on but turned all the way down on 3 and 4, so I never heard the lag. But now I want to go home, turn the reverb off and see if I reproduce the problem.

Don't know why I'm looking for problems - usually they find me just fine. But the more I can understand about this most impressive tone monster, the better.

Cheers!

I can say that I've never had my reverb off... LOL.. that might explain why I don't notice the lag. I tend not to change channels much while playing songs... sometimes when I am practicing I do to see what it would sound like with differing amounts of gain.

oh man i cant wait to get home from my vaca and try this... it actually makes sense which makes me hate myself for not thinking of it before. good work echoes

got home today and tried it.... what a huge discovery for Roadster owners, the switching is so quick and paired with the rg-16 i'm in switching heaven

This sounds like a must-try for me... set my Roadster aside for the Trem-O-Verb. Thanks for the info! Will check it out and get back. :twisted:

I guess I'm lucky... got my Roadster last saturday and it changes the channels without any lag...

But....

echoes420 said:
Couple this with cycling through the channels whilst in standby to eliminate the "pop" and you are ready to rule the road!

Doesn't worked for me...
I cycled the channels in standby, but it still poped up a litlle bit when i changed the channels on high volumes....

Did I do something wrong?

.DuFF. said:
I guess I'm lucky... got my Roadster last saturday and it changes the channels without any lag...

But....

echoes420 said:

Doesn't worked for me...
I cycled the channels in standby, but it still poped up a litlle bit when i changed the channels on high volumes....

Did I do something wrong?

Effects loop, maybe? My delay pedal amplifies the slight pop between the channels making it much more pronounced. Zero pop when its bypassed.

Back