Santana tones from a RectoVerb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RafRey

Reaction score
Hi all,

Playing a PRS Mira through my Rectoverb these days. The pedals I have available are: Ibanez Tubescreamer, Crybaby Wah, Boss Chorus, Boss Delay.

I am not opposed to experimenting with tones, but was just wondering if anyone out there can kick down some quick settings to get modern era Santana sounds out of the Rectoverb?

Thanks for any suggestions!

:wink:

Getting Santana out of a Recto is kind of a tall order given that the Recto is designed to do almost the exact opposite, tonally. Still, with the equipment you listed, I'd set the Tubescreamer up with high level, low to zero gain, and low to mid tone. If it's possible, a fixed wah setting of @800Hz will get you a long way there. Leave out the chorus. Put the delay in the loop.

Set the amp to Vintage high gain. Presence low...anywhere from off to 10:00. Treble @ noon. Mids @ 2:00. Bass low...anywhere from 9:00 to noon. Gain 2:00. If your guitar has a neck humbucker, use it. You may even want to roll off the neck humbucker's tone control to about 50% or so. If that still doesn't get you close enough, consider adding a graphic EQ with an 800Hz boost of about 6dB in the loop immediately after the Send.

Now THAT was an answer. Thanks Chris. I will try your suggestions. I also play my USA mahogany Strat Special HSS through the ROV.

Great advice!

Latest posts

Back