Channel 4 on the Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lerxst28

Reaction score
Hi guys..........I just bought a Roadster head........
I'm playing a Les Paul right into the amp...no FX.
Mordern/Diode/100 watts/4x12 Marshall cab...........
I have the gain up to almost 2 o'clock....mid flat/presense boosted to 2-o'clock/
Main Output 50%.........channel gain around 11 o-clock
It's distorted, but it doesn't shred like everybody claims. I can turn the guitar wide open and stand in front of the amp and it's not like feeding back and carrying on. I mean it sounds good, but is this all the gain this amp has?
Or is there a problem? It's brand new.
Is it me?
I need input on this cause I'm afraid somethings not right.
Thanks.

do you meen the master at 2oclock? put the channels gain around 2 oclock, turn up the output vol. and adjust with the channel master.

Turn up the gain, try the mids down between 9 and noon to taste. I used to use the following when i had the roadster combo but ended up bringing up the mids a bit...but god, more gain than i'll ever need!

CH4
Modern
Gain - 3:00
Treb - 2:00
Mid - All the way down (unless your playing with other people and want to be heard in the mix!)
Bass - 12:00
Pres - 12:00
Master - 10:00
Diode 100W

TheBlackman said:
Turn up the gain, try the mids down between 9 and noon to taste. I used to use the following when i had the roadster combo but ended up bringing up the mids a bit...but god, more gain than i'll ever need!

CH4
Modern
Mid - All the way down (unless your playing with other people and want to be heard in the mix!)
Diode 100W

those settings sound good? to me the key to making channel 4 thump is to get those mids between 12-1 and keep the presence down near 9.

here are my settings.... keep in mind i generally use an OD infront as to give me two different sounds out of this channel. With the OD its more of a lead, very tight saturated sound. Without its more a high gain crunch for rhythms. With these settings I basically go from brutal to even more brutal once i kick on the OD. And only when i use the OD do i get feedback because the roadster is a very quiet amp. Also if you have the loop on hard bypass (little switch in the rear panel), you dont need to worry about your output control.

100 Watt
Modern
Diodes
Bass- 1
Mids - 12
Treble -1
Presence - 9
Gain - 12
Volume - 9
Output - 10

OD Settings:
Volume: Maxed
Tone: 1
Gain: 8

Thanks for the replies. I mean it's a got good heavy rock distortion on channel 4 but it's not like"insane"...like everybody says....I have an OCD on the way so that should give me any extra "bite" I need. I just wanted to make sure the amp was ok. I'm switching to EL34's also. I can't deal with the 6L6's.........too mushy on the bottom end. Lets see how that does.

jdurso said:
TheBlackman said:

CH4
Modern
Diode 100W

those settings sound good? to me the key to making channel 4 thump is to get those mids between 12-1 and keep the presence down near 9.

i think these were settings i used with the combo and my LPII which is a dark and very mid-rangey sounding (this also may have been for a scooped sound...don't remember, copied and pasted from one of my other posts), mainly for heavier rythms....i don't really use ch4 very much and now that i've got a head and 4x12 i don't think these are the setting i use anymore, plus i don't use the lpii much at all! must have sounded good to me at one point lol!

Back