Thinking of getting a recto, need advice.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstringpsycho

Reaction score
I have been using a DC-5 for over 5 years. I play alot of different music but am finding now that i want more.....I most likely will keep the DC5. my question is single or duel recto, I need verstility and a good clean, im a prog metal guy overall. any ideas? inckude other model suggestions also. The DC5 has been a great friend i just want a deeper distortion.

I, personally, think you would ike the dual more than the single jus for the fact that tube rectifiers sound and feel awesome. Play them both back to back on diode rectifiers and then switch the dual over to tube without changing anything else.....you should notice alot of the fizz go away and new found warmth and girth appear.

You may want to consider waiting a week until the Mark5 comes out. It's supposed to be all that and a bag of chips.

If you want recto though, with versatility, I would choose the road king or roadster. For tone, 1992-1993 duals.

Go with a Dual Rec. if you can. It's the one you want. The single rec lacks the warmth and depth the dual can provide.

if you have the time (like you say you do) wait and check out the mark 5. If you want THE recto tone though, i would check out the Roadster for the versatility you describe. No other recto aside from the RK can touch the cleans, the amp is over all smoother so good leads can be had and it still has that signature recto tone. Either way your looking at $2000 for either of those.

if your looking for something more in the bargain bin, i think if you wait you'll start to see some mark ivs dip under 1k when those people move to mark 5s. Also as far as rectos the rectoverbs are great as well as the tremoverbs. Both are smoother like the roadster and the cleans are pretty good as well. You can grab either of those under 1k as well if you look around.

IMO if your looking recto, want a great clean, supreme versatility and have the money, get the Roadster (used ive seen them around 1500... maybe even less as people seem to need money with the financial crisis). If you just want to get heavier tones but not necassarily recto tones i'd look at the Mark 5. Just my opinion though.

can someone tell me what the thumping noise is when switching from standby to on? This recto-verb my buddy wants to buy off some guy does that at times.

Is that normal if the volume is too high?

jdurso said:
if you have the time (like you say you do) wait and check out the mark 5. If you want THE recto tone though, i would check out the Roadster for the versatility you describe. No other recto aside from the RK can touch the cleans, the amp is over all smoother so good leads can be had and it still has that signature recto tone. Either way your looking at $2000 for either of those.

if your looking for something more in the bargain bin, i think if you wait you'll start to see some mark ivs dip under 1k when those people move to mark 5s. Also as far as rectos the rectoverbs are great as well as the tremoverbs. Both are smoother like the roadster and the cleans are pretty good as well. You can grab either of those under 1k as well if you look around.

IMO if your looking recto, want a great clean, supreme versatility and have the money, get the Roadster (used ive seen them around 1500... maybe even less as people seem to need money with the financial crisis). If you just want to get heavier tones but not necassarily recto tones i'd look at the Mark 5. Just my opinion though.

Great Advice, from all of you guys that posted, TY for helping me, imma continue to look and think about this but I feel like im on the right track, I am leaning toward a Mark IV but am going to check out a Roadster thanks to your suggestions :D

Latest posts

Back