Retubing the Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Let me start my saying...I LOVE my recto right now....nothing I really want to change...it just needs new tubes...I think the ones in there are the original ones from '93 :p

What are you guys using happily? What's a reliable tube that stays true to the Mesa sound? Mesa tubes are good, but god are the expensive, especially when some find other tubes superior.

Thanks much!

Eric

My tube selection isn't cheap, so I'm not sure your gonna like it, but I use Groove Tubes in all my Boogies. For my Dual Recto, I use GT 6L6GEs #7s. They are groove tubes remake of the General Electric 6L6s that Jimi Hendrix used in his Fender amps at the Hollywood bowl. They give the Recto tighter low end. The one complaint you'll hear is Rectos can have flabby low end. This gets rid of that. Just my two cents. Good luck with your quest for tone!

Bmarchant

I highly recommend putting the Mesa SPAX7 in your V1 gain stage socket. I have a Series 1 RectoVerb and it cleaned up the amp and tightened the overall sound, especially in the High gain channel. Love it.

Latest posts

Back