Triple Rec vs Double Rec....need some opinions...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Absolutely.

Triples have bigger transformers to give you a more clear tone, I believe. They're more brutal and tighter - not by a huge amount but enough for it to be noticeable.

plus one.....i dunno what the price difference is now but when I got mine last feb. the triple was only $100 more. So i'll say it again: If you're going to be a bear....be a fvcking grizzly!

Well, the extra cash now will also be extra cash in the future---more tubes to replace.

Pros: Greater headroom, tighter sound. Nice cleans. Loud enough to kill a small animal.

Cons: Must crank it a bit more to get it saturated. Tubes are more expensive. Dropping wattage by removing tubes is not recommended because there's an impedance mismatch. It is loud enough to kill a small animal.

The Triple definitely loud. However, 50 watts more in the real world is not a very big difference from the Dual. I think it equates out to something like 3db.

As Elpelotero said, tubes will cost more. I think that's the trade-off: tighter and more clear sound at the cost of buying tubes.

What I disagree with is the need to play louder to get a good tone. My Triple sounds amazing at low volumes paired with my Recto 4x12. Granted it sounds better louder, but I'm happy playing even at volumes where the strings of the guitar make as much noise as the amp. I guess my point is, pair it with a good cab, either the Dual or the Triple, and you'll never be disappointed.

Back