Let's talk Single Rectifier's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNoise

Reaction score
What's some of your favorite setting on the Single? I use FB MB 2x12 as well.

I just got my single recto last saturday and haven't had too much time to play with it. I'm looking for some settings tips to get me started as well.

First tube amp...crossed over from the digital world :wink:

I had duel rec and had it set pretty nicely with a 4x12 FB cab. The Single is proving to be a bit more of a challange. I did mess with it last night for a while during practice and and sorta happy with the tone now.
I'm certainly going to need another amp and cab to do cleans though.

DirtyNoise said:
I had duel rec and had it set pretty nicely with a 4x12 FB cab. The Single is proving to be a bit more of a challange. I did mess with it last night for a while during practice and and sorta happy with the tone now.
I'm certainly going to need another amp and cab to do cleans though.

Yea, the cleans are horrid! I'm wondering if a little chorus and delay could help that though. I can get the crunch I want, but need to replace my cheap 4x12 b52 cab with a decent one. That will hopefully be happening in the next week.

The thing that steered me away from the single recto is that there is always a lack of warmth and a harshness I can't dial out of using silicon diodes on a recto. Now a Single Recto with a tube rectifier instead would be sweet as hell.

I love the sounds I get from my Single Recto and 1960a 4x12. It took awhile to dial in, and I bought a Boss Ce-2 to help get a better clean. The only thing I wish it had was more headroom, but thats why I'm selling mine for a DR or Trem-o-verb.

I like to run the output at noon on my single. it seems like the most important thing for dialing in a good sound.

however this does make it so that you have to roll off the guitar volume some to get the clean channel to sound well... clean.

red channel
output: 12:00
presence about 11:00
bass 11:00
mids 1:00
trebble 1:00
gain 12:00

I think thats a good place to start

to me a solo 50 does sound a bit more brash, less smooth then what
most people are expecting to hear from a typical recto like a dual or triple.

Latest posts

Back