HELP!!! triple rect acting CRAZZZY!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bostonmatt103

Reaction score
hello boogie board!

i have had my triple rectifier since i was 14, i am now 18 years old. i have re-tubed her twice including last week.

for the last year i have been having a problem with my head. everytime i turn it on, there is this humming/buzzing noise on every channel. it totally ruins my 2nd and 3rd channell, by making the amp feedback a ton and ruins the tone buy making it sound voer crunchy and distorted.

at gigs i have to suffer through this horrible tone. after playing it for like 10 minuetes it will just click and then i will have my normal beautiful tone without buzzing/humming on any channell. its soooo weird!

whats wrong with my amp!?
i love it so much and dont wanna sell, but if it keeps this up im guna get and orange head...

thanks,
matt
boston, ma

Only advice i can give you is that if you've ruled out all the simple stuff (check EVERYTHING IN THE SIGNAL CHAIN.....guitar wiring, pedals, cables, EVERYTHING) and are sure you have no bad tubes, then take it to a tech. I can't tell you how many times I have had wierd occurances with amps while playing that weren't caused by the amps themselves.

check ther preamps too, I bought a new set of 6l6s from mesa and one blew in about 2 hours! go figure

Easy question for ya. What kind of pickups are you using? Does this happen with every guitar you have? Every outlet you plug into?

Back