100/150 watt rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TREC

Reaction score
Hey guys, is there much difference in volume between a 100 watt and 150 watt rec? I have heard that it is mainly a headroom thing??? can anyone else shed some light on this?

Thanks

TREC said:
Hey guys, is there much difference in volume between a 100 watt and 150 watt rec? I have heard that it is mainly a headroom thing??? can anyone else shed some light on this?

Thanks
When I got my Triple it was only about $100 more than the Dual. Being able to turn the clean channel up a bit higher before break-up was worth the extra $100 to me. Also.....when buying a Recto, if you're gunna be a bear...be a F%&KING GRIZZLY!!!!

Yeah man, I agree with you about the clean, it's good to have a high gain amp that also has a good clean. The amp is so versatile you can do so much with it.

The headroom is the main thing, plus the extra volume you need to push it to get saturated. Tube costs are higher as well. Lastly, dropping wattage in a TR is not optimal because of the imbalance in impedance (ohms). Those are the main things that scare people away.

Latest posts

Back