Dialing in a Sick Lead tone on Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewb12371

Reaction score
Dialed in a a great tone on Channel 4. Im playing with Vintage Channel 3 for my lead tone. I use a tube screamer modded ts808 in front.. What settings do you guys use for your lead tone? I'm talking mostly for metal here.

Every tone on the Roadster is sick! :)

I use Channel 3, Diode, 100W, Modern
Gain 6, Highs 6, Mids 5, Bass 7, Reverb 6
TS808 at 2 gain, 5 tone, 8-9 level

There's so many things you can do with this map, that I've only tried the obvious ones. I haven't even messed with the vintage settings much.

100 watt
diodes
bass 1
mids 12
treble 1
presence 9
gain 12
volume 9
output 10

i use an ocd in front of the amp with the volume maxed, tone at about 1 and a slight bit of gain. also the pups in your guitar play a huge part in having a great lead tone

Ch3 Vintage, Bold, 100W, can't really make up my mind on SS or Tube Rectifier LOL
Gain 1:00
Treble 12:30
Mid 11:00
Bass 10:00
Presence 8:30
Master 12:00

808 modded TS-9, very slight OD, Level 2:00, Tone 10:00.

Dom

Road King owner here, but I'm sure I could help you out.

"Bold"
Ch4 Vintage, Tube Rectifier
Gain 1:00
Treble 1:00
Mid 2:00
Bass 11:00
Presence 11:00
Master 12:00

SD-1 upfront...
Level: Max
Tone: 1:00
Gain: Off

Strange... I use Channel 4 for my leads, and 3 for my rhythms. Am I the only one?

i use channel 4 set to modern, 100 watt, bold for my main leadsound.
gain around 2-3 oc
can´t tell you the EQ settings at the moment, but i´ll have a look at it tomorrow.
add some delay and reverb from the g-major and for the ultimate singing and sustain, i add a mxr dyna comp in front of the amp.
it´s nearly like the leadsound john petrucci demonstrates during his rig demo from the mesa website.

MetalMatt said:
Strange... I use Channel 4 for my leads, and 3 for my rhythms. Am I the only one?

not strange as i more or less do the same. the extra gain in channel 4 really helps smooth things out IMO and also with an OD infront and the mids in the right spot, channel 4 can sing.

Latest posts

Back