IEC socket question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southernhell

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could tell me how loose(tight) the IEC socket should be? I have a little play in mine. I have not opened my amp to to see if the socket is attached to the PCB, or does it have flying leads. Is this something I should be concerned with as the play is more like the hole in the chassis is slightly bigger than the socket, but not enough that it comes out more than the thickness of a sheet of normal notebook paper.

Southernhell said:
I was wondering if someone could tell me how loose(tight) the IEC socket should be? I have a little play in mine. I have not opened my amp to to see if the socket is attached to the PCB, or does it have flying leads. Is this something I should be concerned with as the play is more like the hole in the chassis is slightly bigger than the socket, but not enough that it comes out more than the thickness of a sheet of normal notebook paper.

Hi ,
Not that mine makes yours correct but my IEC socket has a small wiggly to it . I took a cable clamp and
plugged the cable in to the IEC , then clamped the cable to the head inside . I just wrap the cord up and
use a velcro cable tie to hold the cord while transporting . Stays that way fine .

Latest posts

Back