Speaker rolling question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what speakers are in your recto combo? My boogie 2x12 originally had ev's, but they were a tad mid-rangy for me. I play hard rock/metal mostly. I then swapped them w/ v30's, but those are a little too high-endish for my markIV (which have a fairly bright tone). I then tried some celestian t-100's and I'm very happy with them. Not too bright and plenty of tight lows and have a the celestian scooped sound. They pretty much follow the eq's command; crank the lows without getting boomy or roll off the highs without sounding dull.

I have a black shadow mc90 in my amp now. I find that the bass is too loose, and the kids aren't aggressive enough. There is also some fizz in the highs that I don't like much

I really like the V30 as well, but not for combos. I had a Diezel Einstein combo and I had the same issues you're describing: loose bass and fizzy highs. Ended up selling the Diezel because I don't like combos anyway, but I'd bet a Celestion G12K-100 would do you some good. They're pretty stiff, but at 100 watts with a tight bass and smooth EQ curve, I'd think they'd sound pretty good in a combo.

Back