Whats Your Favorite Recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptrd

Reaction score
After giving much thought..........

My fav is the early (92-94) 2ch Triple Recs. Id say nothing comes close to this amp.

What do you guys think? Whats your fav?

kinda a stupid question really... its not anywhere near conclusive enough.

favourite how?

My favourite tone comes from my '96 Dual Rectifier (The only 2 ch recto I've been able to play) however I love the versatility of my Road King, but I also like the fact that the Roadster and the Road King v2 have the Tuner Mute buttons, however I don't really want Lonestar cleans, as I dont use them. I only use 3 channels and the clean channel I do use is pretty distorted. I really want a Recto Recording Pre to save the hassle of micing up, as it'd sound better than 99% of demo material going around anyway. I can also run the recorded signal through Guitar Rig for some Cab simulation. So that would be my favourite to record with... when I get it.

domct203 said:
Benraldo said:
my favorite recto?

why, the one I own of course.

Ha Ha, me too! (Roadster), and the TOV.

Although I've never spent a lot of time with an early 2 channel yet, I'm sure I'd like them as well.

Dom

see my sig brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Areola said:

favourite how?

My favourite tone comes from my '96 Dual Rectifier (The only 2 ch recto I've been able to play) however I love the versatility of my Road King, but I also like the fact that the Roadster and the Road King v2 have the Tuner Mute buttons, however I don't really want Lonestar cleans, as I dont use them. I only use 3 channels and the clean channel I do use is pretty distorted. I really want a Recto Recording Pre to save the hassle of micing up, as it'd sound better than 99% of demo material going around anyway. I can also run the recorded signal through Guitar Rig for some Cab simulation. So that would be my favourite to record with... when I get it.
Simple question. Sorry it wasnt intellectual enough for you. Some people say the pre 500 is the best, some say TOV, some say roadking II. Simple question

droptrd said:
Areola said:

favourite how?

Simple question. Sorry it wasnt intellectual enough for you. Some people say the pre 500 is the best, some say TOV, some say roadking II. Simple question

but surely every single person here would say "i like this amp the best... but it would be better if..."

hell, if i could, i'd get them to custom make a Road King head for me which would be a fusion of the Road King, Rev F Recto, and the Recording Pre. when that happens, I'll give you a simple answer

With the few Boogie's I have had a chance to play I like the Triple Rectifiers he best. Me and a buddy both have 3ch Triples. I have played a MarkIII Simul green stripe w/ graphic, some Deuce heads and an Express, too.

Areola said:
droptrd said:
Areola said:

favourite how?

but surely every single person here would say "i like this amp the best... but it would be better if..."

hell, if i could, i'd get them to custom make a Road King head for me which would be a fusion of the Road King, Rev F Recto, and the Recording Pre. when that happens, I'll give you a simple answer
Thats the point to the question. Say what you like best. If you dont have an answer, then there is no need to reply. This was a simple question.

droptrd said:
After giving much thought..........

My fav is the early (92-94) 2ch Triple Recs. Id say nothing comes close to this amp.

What do you guys think? Whats your fav?
Wait, did they make Triples in '92?

droptrd said:
Areola said:

Thats the point to the question. Say what you like best. If you dont have an answer, then there is no need to reply. This was a simple question.
+1

I may be wrong about 92. I have seen them as early as 93-94. I guess i shouldnt assume!

+1 fpr the triple rec. i haven`t played a 2ch, but all the 3ch i`ve played have slayed. and to jump on the dream amp bandwagon i`d love to see a 1ch triple rec with no f/x loop, and any custom option you want as long as its black

Areola said:
i guess i'm not the only one saying a non-exsistant amp is my favourite.
Maybe. But if you actually read my post you would know , i stated a 92-94 amp. I m positive ive seen them in 93. i assumed they prob came out in late 92 with the post 500 duals, but i may be wrong about that. But, if you feel the need to start some kind of internet brawl, then i dont know what to tell you. G-day Mate

i had a ROV head that was phenominal, i regretted parting with it till i got my 3ch dual up to spec, now it's pretty wicked and i'm happy with it. the couple of RK i've heard were badass too.

personally i don't know how much i buy into the Pre-500 deal. kind of like the Block letter 5150 mythos. I've heard pre-500 duals that sound ok and one or 2 that were great, just like i've heard 1 Block Letter 5150 that sounds killer and all the others i've heard sound blah.

Dead Moon Rising said:
i had a ROV head that was phenominal, i regretted parting with it till i got my 3ch dual up to spec, now it's pretty wicked and i'm happy with it. the couple of RK i've heard were badass too.

personally i don't know how much i buy into the Pre-500 deal. kind of like the Block letter 5150 mythos. I've heard pre-500 duals that sound ok and one or 2 that were great, just like i've heard 1 Block Letter 5150 that sounds killer and all the others i've heard sound blah.
Did you modify your DR?

Back