Headshells for Rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
I just landed myself a '92 Dual Rectifier. She's not very pretty, so I was wondering about ordering a new headshell. My main concern is the tiny logo on the front. Will I lose that or can I request it? And can anyone give me some insight on prices and color/design choices? Thanks.

You will lose the small logo.. Mesa only ships with the big logo's now.

wannabweiland said:
I just landed myself a '92 Dual Rectifier. She's not very pretty, so I was wondering about ordering a new headshell. My main concern is the tiny logo on the front. Will I lose that or can I request it? And can anyone give me some insight on prices and color/design choices? Thanks.

You can order one from Mesa Hollywood for around $400.00, and the wait time is about 4 to 5 weeks. You can still use the small badge if you tell them what you got going on. I would save a ton of cash and send the "Box" to be re-tolexed.

It's been my experience that the blk diamondplate will cost you more and you'll wait longer. I've ordered several empty headshells from Mesa and it almost seems that when it comes to empty headshells at least, they are happy just getting your order close. Now, that may just be my luck and I sware by the Tone Farm, MIA and all the other good things about The Boogie quality and name. But I recommend either ordering thru your regional rep or direct from the factory or a high volume Mesa dealer if you're going to order a custom shell with lots of options. jmho.

Back