ROV combo speaker swap

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottac29

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been thinking of removing the C90 and trying a V30 in my ROV combo. I play classic rock to some heavier stuff as well. Has anyone tried this? Did you like it? Any thoughts on how it might change the sound? Maybe I should just look for a recto 1x12 or 2x12 to add in with it. But I am wondering what just a basic speaker swap would do. I heard the Tremoverb combo has V30's so it got me thinking. Sorry for the newb question by the way.
Thanks

I put a V30 in my ROV and I like it a lot better. Helps the sensitivity, it's warmer and richer to me. I mostly use my ROV for a very pushed clean utilizing a lot of touch sensitivity. For lack of a better example... Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers style rhythm stuff. Works for me.

I'm a straight up V30 guy. When I had the ROV I added a 2x12 Rectifier cab and liked the combonation of running the V30's with the C-90. Just a thought.

Thanks for the replies guys..

Hey Clutch, your comment about adding in a recto cab got me looking around for one. But in my area all I have been able to currently find are these:

A Marshall 1936 2x12 with celestion G75's

and

An Avatar contemporary 2x12 closed back with one V30 and one G12H30
They are both around $250.00

Are either of these any good? I saw mixed reviews on that marshall and haven't found much on about the avatar. Which one would be a better choice? Should I just keep looking for a recto?

scottac29 said:
Thanks for the replies guys..

Hey Clutch, your comment about adding in a recto cab got me looking around for one. But in my area all I have been able to currently find are these:

A Marshall 1936 2x12 with celestion G75's

and

An Avatar contemporary 2x12 closed back with one V30 and one G12H30
They are both around $250.00

Are either of these any good? I saw mixed reviews on that marshall and haven't found much on about the avatar. Which one would be a better choice? Should I just keep looking for a recto?

Personally I didn't like the 1936 cab - Had it for almost a month and then took it back. I attribute my not liking it the fact that I've never been fond of G75's. In addition to that, it's taller and thinner. I think it has less thump.

I've never tried the Avatar cabs but a lot of guys like them and compare them to the 2x12 Rectifier cabs. It's a lot to lug but i'd recommend taking your combo down and trying them both out. Everyone's ears are different. Let yours decide what you like.

Back