DR 3Ch vs RK II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerhouse

Reaction score
Hey guys,

How do you feel about the sound of Roadking comparing with the 3 channel dual Rec.?

Currently I have both RK & DR and personally, think that dual rec has more tighter bottom,
presence, and even more gain and headroom than RK and I'm wondering how Petrucci got
such aggressive tone in the album of DT, Train of Thought, with RK.

Any tips to make more aggressive tone like JP with RK?

Well if the RKII is anything like the roadster then it is voiced differently then the RKI which is what he used. I have a RKI and it is alot different then my friends roadster, it is more upper mid's, tight bottem and just sound awesome.
powerhouse said:
Hey guys,

How do you feel about the sound of Roadking comparing with the 3 channel dual Rec.?

Currently I have both RK & DR and personally, think that dual rec has more tighter bottom,
presence, and even more gain and headroom than RK and I'm wondering how Petrucci got
such aggressive tone in the album of DT, Train of Thought, with RK.

Any tips to make more aggressive tone like JP with RK?

In my opinion... any Recto that has more than 2 channels are equally bad in tone. If you want good tone, just get a 2ch version and keep the Road King for the awesome flexibility. That's why it was designed. That's also what I do.

Back