Heaviest sounding MESA HEAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobC

Reaction score
Hello i am gong for a mesa head and cab WHAT IS THE HEAVIEST SOUNDING HEAD????? WITH OUT A DOUT
I cost is not a concern a play NEW METTAL i want crunch and alot of chug.
What whoud you guys reconmond that whoud be the best mesa head for metal again coct is no concern thanks guys. :|

Go for older 2 ch. version.I have had 3 ch. witch sounds realy dark.I have played C rev. (pre 500) head it sounds amazing lot of agressive chunky /ala S.O.D./ tones.I`m deffinitely going to get one too.

wolf said:
Go for older 2 ch. version.I have had 3 ch. witch sounds realy dark.I have played C rev. (pre 500) head it sounds amazing lot of agressive chunky /ala S.O.D./ tones.I`m deffinitely going to get one too.
+1

I love my older Triple. I think the 2 channel Triples are as heavy as they come. I mean, Duals are great too, but with the bigger transformers, I think the Triple's got that extra something to blow you away!

Def. the 2ch triple rec. or the mark IV is cool too. And if you can find one, and price dont matter - Pre 500 Dual Rec. A.K.A. the ultimate rectifier.

not to take over the thread, but if you are looking for a 2 channel triple, i just listed mine on ebay, retubed with JJ's all around, just search for user zerodc.

+2 :D Mark IV it`s most tightest amp what I have played even Triaxis+2:50 sounds heavy as hell too.Mine (F rev) DR sounds great but I never forget moment when I have heard first time one of earliest DR.There is no competition. :twisted:

Excluding a rack pre and power amp, I would have to say the MkIII Series 300 (a.k.a. Coliseum). I have owned the 2 ch. triple rec, and it comes in a close second to the Mk III, if metal is your style.

DSC03493.jpg

Really almost any dual or triple rectifier should fit the bill. I do agree with the 2 channel triple because of the extra headroom but you can get brutal tones from just about any rectifier out there (minus the maverick and blue angel).

Also if your not 100% on a Mesa, I'd look into something like the ENGL Fireball or VHT UL. Both right along side the Mesa Triple Recto are some of the brutalest amps out there.

jdurso said:
Really almost any dual or triple rectifier should fit the bill. I do agree with the 2 channel triple because of the extra headroom but you can get brutal tones from just about any rectifier out there (minus the maverick and blue angel).

Also if your not 100% on a Mesa, I'd look into something like the ENGL Fireball or VHT UL. Both right along side the Mesa Triple Recto are some of the brutalest amps out there.

I thought that triple has just few tubes more & about 50W more power.Where is the difference about sound between DR & TR?
I mean in gain specialy.

Bigger transformers in the triples, more headroom, tighter bottem end, bigger bottem end, just chest pounding thump thump thump...

wolf said:
jdurso said:

I thought that triple has just few tubes more & about 50W more power.Where is the difference about sound between DR & TR?
I mean in gain specialy.

How about a Bogner Uberschall?

Also, can you give some examples of bands whose tone you think resembles what you want?

well he said he is going for a mesa, but actualy the uber's are heavy, but smoother, the recto's are just flat out brutal compared to them. I have had two different versions of the uber, both times i sold and kept my mesa. nice thing about the ubers, no pedals to boost the front, they are pretty solid with usable gain on the whole dial, but for brutality, the recto wins.

Elpelotero said:
How about a Bogner Uberschall?

Also, can you give some examples of bands whose tone you think resembles what you want?

siggy14 said:
Bigger transformers in the triples, more headroom, tighter bottem end, bigger bottem end, just chest pounding thump thump thump...
that pretty much sums it up. to me the extra headroom is where its at... if they had a Triple Rectifier Roadster I'd be all over it.

VHT is cool, but is possibly too tight. very unforgiving if you happen to have a sloppy night. I used to have one - made me a better player LOL! The engl reminds me of a mega super JCM800. Sounds great. Also, The Randall MTS tube amps are cool too.....
jdurso said:

droptrd said:
VHT is cool, but is possibly too tight. very unforgiving if you happen to have a sloppy night. I used to have one - made me a better player LOL! The engl reminds me of a mega super JCM800. Sounds great. Also, The Randall MTS tube amps are cool too.....
jdurso said:

I found the Deliverance and Sig X to be more forgiving than the Pitbull line. The Sig X can actually get that nice Recto sag if dialed right and can get down right brutal. If you've ever heard Unearth live you'll know what I'm talking about.... last I saw them they were using the Deliverence and i felt like someone was punching me in the face every time they did a break down.

jdurso said:
droptrd said:
jdurso said:

I found the Deliverance and Sig X to be more forgiving than the Pitbull line. The Sig X can actually get that nice Recto sag if dialed right and can get down right brutal. If you've ever heard Unearth live you'll know what I'm talking about.... last I saw them they were using the Deliverence and i felt like someone was punching me in the face every time they did a break down.
Yeah, I havent heard the Sig yet. how does it compare to the rest of the line? I dont have a VHT dealer around me anymore.

droptrd said:
Yeah, I havent heard the Sig yet. how does it compare to the rest of the line? I dont have a VHT dealer around me anymore.

It sits between the Deliverance and the Pitbull UL. Basically the best way to put it is you can get UL tones if you dial it a certain way and Deliverance tones if you dial it in a certain way. It has as many tone shaping options as a Roadster/Road King which is how it can get so many great tones. Also the cleans are VHTs absolute best... you can get a nice shimmery clean to some nice break up to classic rock to hard rock all the way to face pealing metal tones. Another cool thing is that while you can get both Deliverance and UL tones, if dialed in somewhere in the middle you get the best of both with it being very articulate with just enough give.

Latest posts

Back