ocd with roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
whos using a ocd with their roadster? and what are you doing with it? I just got one and want to see how people are using them, v4 btw

I ran an OCD with my 2 channel rectifier today...honestly, HATED IT! It made the rectifier sound like a metal zone :?

Alone, the OCD is awesome. Boosting the Recto, NO way.

I tried an OCD V4 btw...

Im not really looking to boost ch.3 or 4 more for other stuff like added crunch/clean boost

Then it will probably work just fine for you...it's a great overdrive....not as a clean boost pushing high gain though.

yeah cant really see the need to push for more gain its got enough of that!

I wasn't trying to use it for more gain...just to tighten things up a bit....get a little more chug. It didn't work :?

I'm using the OCd with my roadster to tighten up channels 3 and 4 a little (not too much as its a pretty tight amp anyway), to add a little cream and harmonics for leads and to add a little ballz to channel 2 brit to get some nice crunch tones and mid-gain leads ala david gilmour. Honestly I love that pedal but as with everything it may not be for everyone

I actually bought it to use with other amps and was curios how people were using it with the roadster. How do you have you set jdurso? you cant be boosting ch3/4 much?

I don't use my OCD on channel 4, thats my heavy rhythm channel, i do use it on ch2 & ch3 for leads...here's my setting, guitar used mainly is my wolfgang:

CH2:
Brit
Gain - Max
Treb 11:00
Mid - Max
Bass - 10:30ish
Pres - All the way off
Master 9:30
Recto 50W
Thow in a boost for leads (I use the OCD with volume maxed, gain off, and tone at about 11:00, HP)

CH3:
Vintage
Gain 2:00
Treb 1:00
Mid 11:00
Bass 1:00
Pres 11:00
Master 10:00
Recto 100W
Boost as above for leads (OCD)

I don't use it as an overdrive at all.

155 said:
I actually bought it to use with other amps and was curios how people were using it with the roadster. How do you have you set jdurso? you cant be boosting ch3/4 much?

OCD is set volume 75%, gain 10%, tone 50-60%

Channel 1 is set on clean, diodes, 100 watts, bass 12, mids, 11, treble 12, presence 12, gain 10, volume 12
With OCD engaged it gets me some nice breakup depending on where the volume of my guitar is at.

Channel 2 is set on brit, rectos, 50 watts, bass 11, mids 2, treble 12, presence OFF, gain 11, volume 11
With OCD engaged it gets me a very Gilmour like lead tone, again with proper volume and tone setup on my guitar

Channel 3 is set on vintage, diodes, 100 watts, bass 12, mids 11, treble 12:30, presence 10, gain 11, volume 10
With OCD engaged it gets me the extra chunk for palm muting and some additional harmonics for leads

Channel 4 is set on modern, diodes, 100 watts, bass 2, mids 1, treble 12:30, presence 8, gain 11, volume 9
With OCD engaged it gets me a very smooth, powerful lead tone with a nice layer of cream on top

So yes i do use it with channels 3 and 4... My take on it is by thinking of it more as a part of the whole system and less as a boost i turn a great 4 channel amp into a great 8 channel amp. Each setting (channels 1-4, w/ and w/o OCD) pretty much covers all the ground i need to in terms of base tones. I add some additional eqs in there as well as fx from the Axe-fx to taylor each base tone to a more specific tone.

Back