Connecting THD Hotplate to Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajny

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm new here (first post!) so be kind...

I've just bought a Rectoverb combo and a THD Hotplate off ebay.
I know how connect them generally but I would appreciate if somebody who's done before with a Rectoverb combo can provide an exact explanation.

Specifically, I'd like to know:

1. Is the speaker connection of the Rectoverb has a 1/4" plug or is it hardwired? In other words, do I need to mod the amp?

2. If the answer to 1 is a 1/4" plug, is the cable long enough so I can put the hotplate on top of the amp or should I buy an extension adapter like http://accessories.musiciansfriend....apter?sku=335227&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=1571798

3. To my understanding, I need to buy a speaker cable to connect the hotplate out to the amp speaker (the hotplate comes without any cables). What cable do you guys recommend?

Thank you,
Ajny

Welcome to the forum Ajny. For the speaker cable, buy the best you can afford without getting silly about it. With cables, you can always follow the rule; "you get what you pay for." The ROVs do have a spkr wire with a 1/4" jack plug, which plugs into the back of the amp. I doubt the stock spkr wire on the ROV will be long enough to reach a unit sitting on the top though. Mine isn't. So maybe you buy two speaker cables, cut the end off one and solder it onto the speaker poles. If you use this method try to get an angle plug on the end you'll keep so it doesn't protrude out the back of the amp when you bypass the Hotplate or sell the amp. Hope this helps, there's many ways to handle this, just depends on how intricate you want to get.

Thanks for your help Griz!

I'll order some cables and see how it turns out.

Thanks,
Ajny

Back