2-channel Dual Recto Vs. Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
Have a chance to get a '92 Dual Recto or a Mark IV short combo. Thinkin' maybe your opinions could sway me either direction. Money not a factor.

Well, those are two completely different sounding amps. What type of tone do you want and what would you use it for?

+1. Both of those heads are in my band. I can compare them for you, but what tone do you want and what guitar do you play?

I play a '93 LP Standard. I am going for a Coheed/Indie/hard rock kind of sound. I know that'll be hard to pin, but... let's see, oh, if you check out my bands myspace (no plug intended) the 1st track should sum it up. (but harder. i hate those recordings)

myspace.com/ibecamethesky

wannabweiland said:
I play a '93 LP Standard. I am going for a Coheed/Indie/hard rock kind of sound. I know that'll be hard to pin, but... let's see, oh, if you check out my bands myspace (no plug intended) the 1st track should sum it up. (but harder. i hate those recordings)

myspace.com/ibecamethesky

hmm...I heard the song and that is hard to pin. It's not the typical recto or mark sound at all. Can they do that sound? I'm sure with some patience and tweaking. A tremoverb may work. A mark4's R2 channel may work as well. I really don't know what to say...Do you have access to play either?

Actually played the combo today... not exactly where it's at.

Sounded good. Just didn't get on with it. Played a used '99 2-channel the other day and I have to say, I'm a sucker for that early Foo Fighters sound. So I ended up buying a '92 from a fellow I met on another forum.

I would still like to keep goin' on this thread though. I think the Mark IV is freakin' awesome, but I don't think I got the full effect. Combos seem to be... well, not the best representation of the amp. My old Trem-O-Verb combo didn't do it for me, but I've got buddies with the heads and they can't say anything but good things.

Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my DR. But, Its time for the Mark IV's to make a come back. Selling mine was one the dumbest things ive ever done. Those amps Rock! Go Mark IV!

Back