Thinking about Modding my Racktifier.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TransAmWS6

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've had my Dual Rec rack mount for a while now and I just cant get the sound out of it that Im looking for.

I've looked into Voodoo Amps to mod my head.

Have any of you had any experience with modded heads and does this sound like a good route to go?

Yeah, i noticed that thread after i posted this one.

What would you suggest doing to get the fuzz out of the distortion and bring out the clarity of the head?

Change your tubes! Honestly the older rectifiers do not suffer from the fuzz that the newer ones do. If you consider the sound of it to fuzzy then maybe it is not the amp for you!

Give us a little more insight to how you EQ the amp, what cabinet you are using and what tubes are in the amp right now?

TransAmWS6 said:
Yeah, i noticed that thread after i posted this one.

What would you suggest doing to get the fuzz out of the distortion and bring out the clarity of the head?

siggy14 said:
Change your tubes! Honestly the older rectifiers do not suffer from the fuzz that the newer ones do. If you consider the sound of it to fuzzy then maybe it is not the amp for you!

Give us a little more insight to how you EQ the amp, what cabinet you are using and what tubes are in the amp right now?

I have mesa 6L6's in it now and they're not that old, maybe a year or so with not a whole lot of use. Ill have to get back to you on the EQ because the amp isnt with me at the moment. The head is dated 9/00 (dunno if it being newer have to do with anything) and Im running it through a Mesa Standard cab.

Ahh I see, the Mesa Tubes are a little buzzy, to smooth it out get some JJ's in the power amp and also get there rec tubes, really clears the amp up a bit, makes it a little darker and sounds great.

second ditch the oversized cab and get a traditional cab, trust me you will love it and see a whole new side of the amp.

TransAmWS6 said:
siggy14 said:

I have mesa 6L6's in it now and they're not that old, maybe a year or so with not a whole lot of use. Ill have to get back to you on the EQ because the amp isnt with me at the moment. The head is dated 9/00 (dunno if it being newer have to do with anything) and Im running it through a Mesa Standard cab.

Latest posts

Back