Dual Rec volume loss problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrash Till Deth

Reaction score
I was using my 2ch dual rec yesterday when after about 10 minutes the volume went out then came back after a few seconds. I continued to play for about another 30 minutes without and problems. Has anyone else had this problem? I was thinking it might be the power tubes going bad as I don't know how old they are but could it be somthing else?

Any help or suggestions would be awesome

from experienced it's usually the preamp tube. Quite possibly the phase inverter. The small tube closest to the first power tube.

Well I have been playing the dual rec for last few days and noticed a few more things when the volume goes out.

1. Only seems to happen when using the Red channel.
2. Doesn't happen every time I use the amp.
3. Channel indicator light goes out with the volume then comes back when the volume does.

Anyone know what might cause these problems?

Thrash Till Deth said:
What are LDR's?

LDR = Light Dependent Resistor. They are used extensively in the 2ch Rectos and older Mesa circuits for switching. Unfortunately, they're known to fail over time. The 3ch Rectos are a big improvement because they use relays which are more reliable and sonically transparent.

Back