Low volume, and buzzing when switched on.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dores

Reaction score
Hello guys.

A friend of mine just bought himself a nice 3 channel Dual Recto. He doesn't have a cab yet, so he dragged it over to my house to test it on my cab. Well, long story short, we spent about 15 minutes trying to make the head produce any sound at all. All the volumes have to be put at about 4/10 in order to be audible. This goes for all channels. And at 9/10, it's as loud as my ENGL Powerball at 2/10.

It also doesn't really sound good at all. It sounds really thin and harsh.

When flicking the power switch, the amp makes a bzzzzz for about one second too. Is that normal, or an indicator or whatever the problem here is?

congrats to your friend. Well?? The DR may take a bit of time to tinker to get the sounds you want. Try switching to bold/spongy to get a bit of volume boost, punch and clarity if you haven't already. Also maybe switch it to Loop instead of bypass and mess with the controls from the back and front "Solo" knobs.

yes it seems that all DR makes a second buzz when you fire her up. I've checked and asked around and it's normal. It's also normal that when switching certain channels you'll get a pop. I don't know?? It's a DR thing.

Latest posts

Back