Noise suppressor in DR fx loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrash Till Deth

Reaction score
Is it possible to run a rocktron hush super c in the effects loop of my 3channel dual rec if I set the mix to 100% Or will it not work right due to the fx loop not being series.

While it might be better with a series loop, it will work with your loop mix wide open as you suggest. A slight ammount of noise may still be present, but typically rectos are not noisy amps. If you're trying to supress string noise and microphonic feedback more than amp hiss, try putting the gate in front of the amp. Looking for dead silence for recording purposes? Don't worry about the amp... gate the microphone, or the signal at the board, or in software.

What NoGlassNoClass said.

However, if you are using it for playing live, I would suggest it is more useful in the loop. There are times in certain songs where the big distorted guitar goes silent so that another instrument can take the spotlight. Also, many songs have a distinctive guitar riff intro that may momentarily go silent in between notes/chords. The contrast of true silence with deafening guitar is a nice dramatic effect when playing live.

I was thinking about picking up one of those super hush's for my roadster..how do you like it?
What does it do to your sound exactly?

I had a SuperC in the loop of my triple and it didn't really do a very good job. The old IICX units work fantastic and do something almost magical to the tone of the amp as well.

gnarwailnmt said:
I was thinking about picking up one of those super hush's for my roadster..how do you like it?
What does it do to your sound exactly?

I mainly use it as a noise gate as the hush knob tends to take some of the tone away. It's a bit of a pain dialing the gate settings in when it's in the fx loop but once its perfect it works pretty good.

Back