Mesa mods done by Voodoo Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtr_Pkr

Reaction score
Has anyone had their amp modded by Voodoo? I have a Triple Rectifier that I am considered having modded. I checked out the website, and at $295.00 for the basic mods, it seems like something I would like to do. Let me know. Thanks.

Siggy14 has a Voodoo Modded Recto. I played through one in the past and didn't care for it. The mods are clean and Trace does great work, and the mods do what they say...but it lost something in the process IMO that made it "Recto-ish." YMMV.

Just what silverwulf says, it still sound like a recto, but different, really hard to explain, more of a cross between a recto and a mark IV.

It does just what it says on the website, however I much prefer the recto in its natural form, if i want a tighter amp I will just play my mark IV.

Silverwulf said:
Siggy14 has a Voodoo Modded Recto. I played through one in the past and didn't care for it. The mods are clean and Trace does great work, and the mods do what they say...but it lost something in the process IMO that made it "Recto-ish." YMMV.

I don't know but I've heard the clips on their web sit and I know anybody can get a DR to sound like that with an EQ or effects. Myself...I would spend the $300 on a MXR 10 band EQ, Winged "C" tubes, and do a effects loop mod to series. I have the mod for series loop if you want it. It's real easy if you know anything about soldering. :)

Adambomb said:
I don't know but I've heard the clips on their web sit and I know anybody can get a DR to sound like that with an EQ or effects. Myself...I would spend the $300 on a MXR 10 band EQ, Winged "C" tubes, and do a effects loop mod to series. I have the mod for series loop if you want it. It's real easy if you know anything about soldering. :)

Yes, I would be interested in the effects loop mod. If you could PM me that would be awesome. Thanks for the info!

Gtr_Pkr said:
Adambomb said:

Yes, I would be interested in the effects loop mod. If you could PM me that would be awesome. Thanks for the info!

I would love that Mod, as well. :D

Back