Triple Rectifier chassis shifts slightly within the headshell

Discussion area for Single, Dual and Trip Rectifers

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

bkatatx
Bottle Rocket

Triple Rectifier chassis shifts slightly within the headshell

Post by bkatatx » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Hey everyone,

Last week I received a Triple Rectifier Multiwatt that I bought off Reverb, and I noticed that the chassis shifts slightly within the headshell if I tilt it forward or backward. I think whatever holds the chassis to the bottom of the headshell on one of the corners may have come loose. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

stephen sawall
Single Recto

Re: Triple Rectifier chassis shifts slightly within the headshell

Post by stephen sawall » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 pm

You can probably tighter it up ?
The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

domct203

Re: Triple Rectifier chassis shifts slightly within the headshell

Post by domct203 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 pm

bkatatx wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:40 pm
Hey everyone,

Last week I received a Triple Rectifier Multiwatt that I bought off Reverb, and I noticed that the chassis shifts slightly within the headshell if I tilt it forward or backward. I think whatever holds the chassis to the bottom of the headshell on one of the corners may have come loose. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks
The chassis should NOT move within the headshell.

if you look at the outside bottom of the headshell, you should see two metal strips at each end, that run from front to back. At the both ends of each strip is a screw (2 in each strip for a total of 4). These are the chassis mounting screws. They should be fairly snug, not loose at all.

If they are loose, simply tighten them up. Don't over-do-it, you do not want to strip out the threads in the chassis or on the screw.
'07 Roadster Voodoo modded
'08 Stiletto Deuce II
'10 Mark V - sold
'18 TC-100
'01 Recto 4X12 Slant
'04 Recto 4X12 Slant/Straight
'74 Les Paul Custom
'95 American Strat
'12 Les Paul Signature T
TC G-System
==> NOMAD on Facebook <==