1994 Dual Rectifier Rev G Original Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I was talking to Mike B. yesterday about modding another Mark lll and asked him about the Dual Rec. I told him it had Mesa 7025 labeled 12ax7’s which I could tell are the Chinese military tubes, my favorite 12ax7. He said those were the stock tubes back then in the Dual Rec, Mark lll and Mark lV. The Dual Rec sounded awesome with the tired 7025’s but sounds even better with 5 “new” nos Chinese military.

xdg999 said:
Thanks. I was talking to Mike B. yesterday about modding another Mark lll and asked him about the Dual Rec. I told him it had Mesa 7025 labeled 12ax7’s which I could tell are the Chinese military tubes, my favorite 12ax7. He said those were the stock tubes back then in the Dual Rec, Mark lll and Mark lV. The Dual Rec sounded awesome with the tired 7025’s but sounds even better with 5 “new” nos Chinese military.

Agreed. That's what I use in all of my Rectos (Beijing issued C8s and STR 420s). I've tried everything under the sun, and always come back to those.

xdg999 said:
I just bought a 1994 Dual Rec Rev G, serial # R-00335x. Does anybody know what tubes Mesa was using back then?

You and I have a very similar serial number! Mine has serial poop and the gigantic old German transformer...warmest DR I’ve ever played and never selling it!

domct203 said:
axedawg said:
You and I have a very similar serial number! Mine has serial poop and the gigantic old German transformer...warmest DR I’ve ever played and never selling it!

LOL ‘serial poop’.

And it’s warm ........

Dom

HAHA, just seen that! Perhaps it could have been a loop...whatever it was, it just won't stop, hence the 'serial' tag! :mrgreen:

Back