Is this normal ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just scored a used Triple Rec and though it sounds great I find the orange and red channels have a volume drop when I switch from Modern to Vintage and Raw. To get them going I have to crank the volume up much higher than on the Modern channel. Having no experience here I'd just like to know if this is normal or have I bought an amp with a problem.

Rocker Billy 77 said:
I've just scored a used Triple Rec and though it sounds great I find the orange and red channels have a volume drop when I switch from Modern to Vintage and Raw. To get them going I have to crank the volume up much higher than on the Modern channel. Having no experience here I'd just like to know if this is normal or have I bought an amp with a problem.
Totally normal, and is explained in your owners manual. If you don't have a manual go download it from Mesa.

MichaelC4 said:
Needs new tubes.
The volume drop from Modern is normal behavior, but any used amp should get a new set of tubes anyway. You have no idea how many hours are on them.

Are they Mesa branded tubes in the amp now?

Dom

Thanks for the replies guys. It has its original Mesa tubes and sounded great at rehearsal last week. I only use the red channel on modern but got a bit anxious when I tried the Vintage and Raw. I think I can relax now.

Back