The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:20 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hi there, I've tried googling but come up with mixed results.

My setup for recording so far has been the Reaper DAW on a custom PC with a Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre and Yamaha HS8 monitors. I've got some good tones tweaking free plugins (LePou and Vadim Taranov) and some cab impulses however for clean sounds I am struggling a lot.

Can I get some good clean sounds going from my headphone/record out on the back of the F50 and flicking the silent record switch then monitoring through the computer? I am very happy with my amp, guitar and pedal combos. Any guitar I currently have with a Keeley 4 knob compressor as a clean boost into the front of the amp sounds great. Add some effects post and I imagine it could be very good on the computer?

If this is a good option do I need an instrument cable, audio cable or Y trs cable to make this work? Do I go into one of the 4 inputs on the front or use one (or two) line inputs on the back of the interface (if I use either a Y TRS cable or audio cable)?

Hopefully this post is clear with what I am wanting to achieve. The kind of music I want to make is progressive rock and boogie tones have always and will always be my favourite (Mesa Mark V.... **DROOLS**)