The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:55 pm 
Single Recto

Been reading a lot the last few days about interfaces for home studio. My EMU 1616PCI is on its last leg, but the sound quality has been very acceptable for home demo recording.

The Tascam US-4x4 has the right features for me, 4 mic pre's, 1/4 inch outs with hard volume knob control, midi I/O, and nothing that I won't use. The only thing I'm unsure about is latency and drivers. The specs I believe say it uses ASIO and is fine for Win 7/8/10. The price is certainly right for the features I want.

So how come I don't see hardly any love for these units? Do they sound bad? Do they not achieve <10ms latency? No software control? Reliability is bad? how come more people aren't using these things at home?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:30 pm 
Mark III

Tascam reminds me of Ford: they seem incapable of making anything desirable and then, out of the blue, they build the Ford GT. Tascam's "Ford GT" is the DA-3000. It is a DSD Master Recorder capable of recording DSD at 5.6MHz or PCM 24/192kHz and it costs $999. For years, nothing else on the market came close to offering these features. For the money, there was no competition, just like the Ford GT. 8)