Need advise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you go about recording your guitar tracks-- an actual mic and cab ? If so what exactly?

Overall I really dig the groove your going for. After a second listen- it seemed to me that the mids were really scooped- as in didn't appear to exist--- which is cool to a point but even Kerry King from Slayer and even Lamb Of God toss in a respectable amount of mids- - the guitars sound brutal-the riffs are clean and tightly played but almost lacks substance- sonically (Not ribbing ya just tossing constructive criticism )

On the guitars If you roll off some of the low end even with an EQ around 100-120hz and bump your mid's around the 1k-2k-ish range ( though its best to get these frequencies locked down instead of fixing it in the mix) the drums will also become more pronounced and add to the over all heaviness of your track bc right now it seems as if there is a UFC bout going on in the low end and mids and things are getting canceled out.

Overall - again I really dig the groove and in your face riff-age your doing -and your certainly on the right track just some tweaking here and there and you'll be good to go I hope some of this made sense if not I can try and clarify-- thank you for sharing!!

BeltFedRiffs said:
How did you go about recording your guitar tracks-- an actual mic and cab ? If so what exactly?

Overall I really dig the groove your going for. After a second listen- it seemed to me that the mids were really scooped- as in didn't appear to exist--- which is cool to a point but even Kerry King from Slayer and even Lamb Of God toss in a respectable amount of mids- - the guitars sound brutal-the riffs are clean and tightly played but almost lacks substance- sonically (Not ribbing ya just tossing constructive criticism )

On the guitars If you roll off some of the low end even with an EQ around 100-120hz and bump your mid's around the 1k-2k-ish range ( though its best to get these frequencies locked down instead of fixing it in the mix) the drums will also become more pronounced and add to the over all heaviness of your track bc right now it seems as if there is a UFC bout going on in the low end and mids and things are getting canceled out.

Overall - again I really dig the groove and in your face riff-age your doing -and your certainly on the right track just some tweaking here and there and you'll be good to go I hope some of this made sense if not I can try and clarify-- thank you for sharing!!
Thank you so much! I decided to rewrite the guitars and record bass. I added later, if you do not mind))

Latest posts

Back