question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray7176

Reaction score
I have alot of questions. I just got the mark v 25 and have been trying to get the cabclone to sound good. I have been trying to make distorted guitar sound decent for like a year but somethings missing. Ive tried plugins like lepou lecab IR loaders and it made a huge difference but they still seem distant. I double track the guitar as well. I watched youtube videos on this and I use logic pro x. The dude set up eq, a compressor, a tubescreamer sim, rectocab amp sim, and lastly the lecab ir loader. I tried everything he did and it sounded way better than logics stuff but it still seems distant. I found good ir's from rewires and tonevamp but something still as good as the guitars I hear recorded. Im trying the built in cabclone now ran into my little focusrite usb interface. In the DAW, I set up torpedo wall of sound and it sounds better than anything yet but the distortion is harsh and the soundwave shape on my track is pretty flat and high so should I turn down the gain on mark 25? whats a good setting to start recording distorted guitar on the mark v (volume and gain). What signal chain in DAW?

I can't speak to the cabclone, except that it didnt review well. i searched and ended up getting a two note torpedo for direct DAW recording and could not be happier with the results.
I'm running Triaxis v1 to a simul 395 (only one side) into the load box of the torpedo and direct to my focusrite -> Mac-> Logic X

I haven't run into any sound issues recording cabclone DI -> line6 interface -> Pro Tools.

I'm not using any filters or digital effects. All my effects are on the floor when I record. I do some EQ in the DAW post-production.

It sounds phenomenal to me and in the monitors in studio.

Latest posts

Back