Mesa Boogie on IK Multimedia Amplitube

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 39001

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the latest Mesa Boogie Amps in Amplitube? Would you use them for recording as a replacement for the real thing?

I would. Here's a video that I did using Amplitube Mesa Boogie. For the rhythm guitars, they are Amplitube Mesa Boogie, Engl, and I used the Kemper. But the solos are 100% Amplitube Mesa Boogie, using the Mark IV model. I'm sure there are a lot of people that will say they can tell the difference, and maybe they can, but I am happy with the results. I've been a Mesa owner for 24 years using the Mark IV and Dual Rectifiers. I think Amplitube did a great job. Each of those amps react the same way the real amps do, with everything that I do like and even the characteristics that I don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhemfexyDg

My playing will never be where I want it to be. If I get better I raise my expectations of myself. I guess that's a good thing and keeps us motivated. But thank you.

As far as the tone, yep, I think it's pretty darn good. It must be if Mesa endorsed it and put their name on it.

Back