First time recording a punk rock project

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xMax_X

Reaction score
Hey, me and my band Deeper Well just released an e.p on bandcamp.
I did the recording using a mesa dual recto multiwatt in an old soundcity cab with eminence speakers.
I also recorded a marshall jmp in a greenback custom cab. Used a kemper to profile and refine the sound.
I used shure mics aswell as a royer 101 microphone all into great river pres.

Let me know what you think, this is my first real thing, any comments are welcome!

http://deeperwell.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/deeperwellband

Your band has it together quite well. I liked the recording. However, something missing from the drum set. Maybe it was the ride symbol that seemed distant. Getting the drum kit mic'd can be tricky as it will take up many channels to do it and what mic's are used also makes a difference. Overall, the recoding was great, mix-down was done well and soundtrack was very good and sounded fantastic thought the PC speakers. The guitar was perfect, love the tone and gain character you provided. If I could achieve what your band has done I would be very happy.

I dig your band! Love the gruff vox rather than the usual "is that a girl or guy" singing I'm used to hearing in pop punk. I think that the drums are too buried in the mix overall. With a remix it will sound great. Nice work!

Hey! Thanks guys.
With a little time to sit back I completely agree with you all. I'm a guitar player and I really focused more on guitars than drums.
Also, with the small budget we had since its our first release, we had to record the drums in a really small room, which I should've rectify with more reverb to add space.

Next release will have a better balance now that I'm a tiny bit more experienced and aware.
Anyway, thanks for the good comments =)

Latest posts

Back