Best amp sim in place of my real boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasein

Reaction score
Living in an urban condo -- not really able to bust out my boogie for recording. Been playing around with Amplitude and GuitarRig5 and was wondering what if any amp sims you'd recommend that would be similar to my boogie?

Dasein said:
Living in an urban condo -- not really able to bust out my boogie for recording. Been playing around with Amplitude and GuitarRig5 and was wondering what if any amp sims you'd recommend that would be similar to my boogie?

Look up the amp sum called "Lecto" heard amazing clips of that one.

Depends what specific amp it is. If you have a Rectifier, then yes, Lecto. If it's a Mark series (I see a IIC+ in your sig), the only one I know is the Mark III sim in Amplitube, which gets a lot of mixed reviews.

Dasein said:

i use my boogie late at night sometimes..

so i use a weber mass lite attenuator...

and a Palmer PDI-09 to capture the 'full output sound' of the amp head going thru a 4x12 cab, at line level..

while actually using a 1x12 at low volume

this records really really well.

0fe5.jpg

I use a Tech 21 Tri-AC pedal and like it a lot.

Good clean and distortion tones. Not fond of the Marshall but love the Fender (sort of) cleans and the Mesa lead tones I get running direct.

100% analog signal path, it feels right when you play.

Great pedal to have in your gig back for backup duty also. Any amp that works or straight through the PA will get you through the gig.

I will rebut my post earlier. I was turned on to this guy's stuff a couple weeks ago.

https://pvdhp7.wordpress.com/page/2/

His Rectifier head sounds better than LePou. He also has a Mark iii sim that is close, but it only has gain and volume controls. This may be a bummer for most, but I found it to work extremely well in recording as whatever tone settings he programmed cut through everything and when eq'ed at the board can get really mean sounding.

The amp sim is only a portion of the equation though. I think that cabinet impulses are as important or maybe even more so than the amp sim.

Hello!

If you are looking for a amp sim, then Bias is a very good amp sim program.
But if you really want a good thing that you can do recordings with, then I can recommend Kemper Profiler Amp, it's not so expensive like the Axe Fx and I have tested both and compared them and I must say that the Kemper won.

2B

Latest posts

Back