my amp isn't amplifying

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectohead91

Reaction score
Today I was jamming out in my Mesa Triple Rectifier (2008) and I put a new MXR 10 band EQ pedal between the amp and cab. It was working fine for a few minutes and I found the sound I wanted and started to play. When I looked at the pedal the lights started to blink and before I could even turn the pedal off the amp stopped working. I get some sound out of the amp but I have to put my ear next to the cab to even hear it. I checked the fuse and tubes all of witch seem to be working just fine but still no volume out of it. Please I really need your help.

First thing, you posted this in the 'Recording' subforum.

Did you hook the EQ up by the speaker output? If so, that's probably your problem. A tube amp needs a load attached to it or else you'll blow the tubes/fuses/amp. By connecting the EQ to the speaker out you removed the load. Why wouldn't you have put it in the FX Loop?

You should probably take the amp to a shop to have it looked at. Hopefully its just the power tubes that are shot.

Latest posts

Back